Monday, July 12, 2010

Friendship faith relatioships and boys

Friends, I have 3 well 5 excellent super close friends some friendships longer then others but they are equally special and important to me. A true friend knows you and relates or tries to relate to you. They also accept differences of ideals, beliefs, lifestyles and opinions. True friends do not end friendships based on different opinions or because of opinions about things that have nothing to do with one or other.

I spent this weekend in Harrisburg PA at a Broomball tournament accompaning my new friends to cheer them on. This weekend had been planned for months and talked about at length. Everyone had been looking forward to a weekend of fun the game then the partying. Especially the partying. It was fun some issues with the hotel checkin policy but none the less the drinks started flowing and after dinner everyone arrived and it was on. Well for all but one who is a young female involved with a team leader. She is miserable and we all know the saying. Pissed off about everything who thinks nothing of ripping her boyfriend a new one in front of all his friends and then when she is satisfied that she has emasculated him she starts in on his friends. I watched stunned in disbelief that she is allowed to go on but also keeping my mouth shut for fear that I would be next. It started Friday night and
continued Saturday morning and peaked Saturday night with me as its victim and actually didn't end till Sunday with 1 team member quiting because "its supposed to be fun and he doesn't need this shit." Who does? She without authority kicked another off the team that is already short of players and came in last place. I said "she's cute but,she's not that hot" she heard that and said you are not my friend she went off me even worse then my husband when he had every right to. I sent her an apology text she said "NEVER we will be friend s leave me alone and ur ugly." Well I maybe fat but I'm not ugly. Fine with me she went off on me because she couldn't believe I said I was not comfortable letting a 16yr drink with us. She was embarrassed that we attacked a 16yr old girl when she was underage at the tournaments and drinking and no one said anything. I said I'm a parent and I don't approve
I stated my opinion. I learned that night that is not allowed in her world.

Even if there is forgiveness I will not continue that friendship. I am allowed to have different opinions and I have faith that real friends will allow a difference in beliefs. I realize that in my relationship w/my partner is what brought us together to be "friends" sometimes those friendships pursist but most of the time they don't they last as long as the partnerships last and most of the time you really don't want that kind of a reminder. I thank God I saw the truth at the beginning. This was the 2nd event that we both attended and so far she is two for two. I will pray she will calm down and find happiness and learn to edit and think before speaking and realize that "control freak" and "being right" aren't necessarily compliments.

No comments:

Post a Comment